Blogger Widgets

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chi's Sweet Home Volume 1

Author: Konami Kanata

Illustrator: Konami Kanata
Title: Chi's Sweet Home Volume 1
Publication: June 29, 2010
Publisher: Vertical
Genre: Graphic Novel, Comic Book
Pages: 168
Audience: 10 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Purchased

Synopsis (from the cover): Chi is a mischievous newborn American shorthair who, while on a leisurely stroll with her family, found herself lost. When we found Chi it was clear to us she was completely distraught as she longed for the warmth and protection of her mother. Feeling sympathy for the little fur ball, we quietly whisked her away inviting her into our small apartment home...where pets are strictly not permitted. While we dread parting with her, there is no way she can stay.


My thoughts:
 I picked up the entire series when I went to AWA (Anime Weekend in Atlanta). I was walking around in the vendor's room and this series of graphic novels just happened to catch my eye. I'm a self proclaimed cat lady (with just a tad bit of crazy) and I believe it has come through in my readings as well, I apologize. Back to reviewing this graphic novel. It is so precious and cute. If you have animals and especially cats you will love this book. The entire time I was reading it I could not stop giggling. It is so funny. Animals are funny and Kanata really focuses that out. I kept thinking, "Oh my cat has done this." or "I bet my cat has thought of that."It is a little sad because Chi becomes separated from her family and desperately wants to find them. The Yamadas find Chi and take her in. Chi and Yohei are my favorite characters. You can never go wrong with a cat and young child and the shenanigans they get themselves into. The story of how Chi got her name had me rolling. It was so cute. The artwork is just adorable. Just look at the cover! You can't help but to say "Aww."  If you love animals and want something adorable and rated G this is the graphic novel to go with.

1 comment:

  1. Chi is sooooo cute. I'm glad you loved this too :D

    ReplyDelete