Blogger Widgets

Friday, January 11, 2013

Sybil the Backpack Fairy: Nina

Author: Michel Rodrigue

Illustrator: Antonello Dalena, Manuela Razzi, and Cecilia Giumento
Title: Sybil the Backpack Fairy: Nina
Publication: December 6, 2011
Publisher: Papercutz
Genre: Graphic Novel, Comic Book, Children
Pages: 48
Audience: 8 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Purchased


Synopsis (from the cover ): I'm Nina and she's Sybil, my fairy friend. Being friends with a fairy is so cool! She does all my homework and straightens up my room with a simple wave of her magi wand! All that would be just great if she didn't drag me into her magical world, peopled with monsters and fairies a lot less nice than she is.

My thoughts:
I have a book problem. It happens anytime I go into a bookstore or comic shop. I usually see something I just have to buy because I just have to read it. I usually don't have time and that is where my book collection comes in. However, I thought this cover was so funny and I just had to buy it and read it. I thought it would be more pre-teen than what it is, but it is a perfect G-rated, girly comic. It was so funny and the artwork is well done. Oddly enough, the artwork reminded me of cartoons I used to watch when I was young. Nina is a cute little girl who has  issues that everyone can relate to. She gets in trouble at school for talking too much, her parents are divorced, and she is young. Then Sybil comes along and turns Nina's world for a loop. Its all fun and games until Mom comes home! This is a wonderfully cute graphic novel. If you want to share the love of graphic novels or encourage a young child to read- I suggest this. I just looked it up on Amazon and Papercutz is still in business. It is super cute and easy to read! 

 

1 comment: