Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gotham City Sirens, Volume 1: Union

Author:  Paul Dini
Illustrator: Guillem March
Title: Gotham City Sirens, Volume 1: Union
Publication: April 20,2010
Publisher: D.C. Comics
Genre: Graphic Novel,Villains
Pages: 176
Audience: 16 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:  
This graphic novel features the bad girls of Gotham City! Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are tired of playing by other people's rules regardless of which side of the law they're on. These tough ladies have a new agenda that's all their own, and they'll use any means necessary to pursue it. But can they get along and work as a team? And who will get hurt along the way?

My thoughts:
                                                                     I love Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman. All of my favorite supervillain ladies in one comic! There are actually four Gotham City Siren graphic novels, but I've started on the first one. It is an interesting read considering these lovely bad girls are deciding to live together and work together whether it is for good or bad. The shenanigans these ladies get into are hilarious, thanks mainly to Harley Quinn. The story line was a bit hard to follow because I had not read a background story on the villain Hush or knew anything much about Batman or Bruce Wayne. I forewarned my boyfriend before he read it. I told him he may want to wait and read everything about Hush because there are a few spoilers in the graphic novel. I did not really care. I'm not going to read all the Batman stories like he is. Even though, it was a bit hard to follow, I eventually got some answers to my questions, I just had to read a bit further. It was a quick read. I grabbed it up and read it in about an hour. If you are looking for a light read and something humorous with most of Gotham City's bad girls- you should read this.

4 comments:

  1. What I know about these ladies comes from the movies. I don't know how accurate my limited knowledge is. I like Catwoman and Poison Ivy. I think I would enjoy this. You will have to take me comic shopping one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only knowledge base about Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn was from the Batman cartoons and the movies. I liked the characters. When my boyfriend started really getting into comics we would spend a lot of time at the comic shops. I would be so bored so one day I started looking for the back stories on some of my favorite characters from childhood. The Sirens is a good read and it isn't in depth or anything and it is a quick read.
    I love the cover too! Super sexy bad girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really read graphic novels, but I love their covers and the illustrations. This sounds like a good one, but I think the pictures would be the only thing that I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete