Blogger Widgets

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Mediator series by Meg Cabot


Author: Meg Cabot
Title: The Mediator
Publication: December 28th, 2004
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 5 out 5
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Amazon | B&N

Synopsis: Suze is a mediator -- a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations.

Thoughts:  I love you Meg. Will you marry me?

Nah, just kidding (mostly). Everything she writes, I love. All of her adult and young adult books are addicting. I haven't read her kid/tween selections yet, but I'll get there sooner or later. For now, let's start on her series The Mediator. The main character Suze is a kick ass character that can see ghosts that need help passing over to the afterlife. She's strong willed, quick on her feet, street smart, real, and good with weapons. Not like swords or hammers will do anything to a ghost, but they'll for sure slow one down. On her first day in her moms new house, she finds a hot ghost named Jesse and tries to get him to leave. His argument? I was here first. Pretty legit reason, so Suze copes with a really attractive spanish speaking ghost that not only wont leave her alone, but protects her when other spirits try to harm her... which is so adorable. They become a really good team, and feelings start to grow.

Her mother remarried when her father died (a father she still sees from time to time *wink wink*) and now she's stuck with three brothers. Suze names them after Snow Whites dwarfs because their personality matches. There's Sleepy (the oldest and I believe to be written like he does marijuana), Dopey (same age as her and attractive but not too bright), and Doc (because he's really smart). Doc sometimes helps Suze on her adventures, and he figures out about Jesse pretty quickly. There's lots of humor in it as well, so you'll find yourself laughing in some of the situations she puts herself in.

The series is action packed and written very well. The character development progression is great, I didn't think there were any slow parts in any of the books, her friends are likable, and the cutesy romance doesn't disappoint. You'll get addicted fast, and you're welcome for recommending such a great book. *pats self on back*



8 comments:

  1. How many books are in the series? I love funny books. My boyfriend has read Meg Cabot and said her books were pretty good. I guess is he likes her then I should give her a try too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's six books in this series. Hah! They're mostly chick lit, so it's fun to see guys like them as well.

      Delete
  2. I love Meg Cabot, her style of writing is always so humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read a Meg Cabot Novel before :( I've been meaning to read this book for a while too. It sounds like a fun book to read. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spanish-speaking mediator shares joint responsibility with the parties for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of the process. i had never seen a wonderful blog before. great post. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have to fight me for her, I say! I stumbled upon Abandon one day at the library, read it and loved it, and decided that I should see what else this Meg Cabot has to offer. Mediator is what. I love this series so huge! It is one of my favorite series ever. I laughed and I cried and I laughed til I cried. I love it. It is a series that I will read over and over through the years. Thanks for your wonderful review. Oh, and you can have Meg if you must. My husband would probably not be happy if I married someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Book I've read from Meg Cabots book collection. I love the humor, the ROMANCE and the main character's personality. Suzannah Simons is the type of girl who does what she want to and doesn't care of what other people thinks(Plus, she's very straight forward...even with kids). I love her bitter-sweet relationship with Jesse and I, myself find him very very dreamy...though I've read the series thrice already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a fun and light read! Sometimes I just have to take a break from dark and creepy novels. I would love to read all the books in this series. :)

    ReplyDelete