Blogger Widgets

Friday, October 26, 2012

Olivia

Author: Ian Falconer
Illustrator: Ian Falconer
Title: Olivia
Publication: October 1, 2000
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Genre: Children's
Pages: 40
Audience: 2 and up
Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Public Library





Synopsis (from Goodreads):  
Have fun with Olivia... dressing up, singing songs, building sand castles, napping (maybe), dancing, painting on walls and - whew! - going to sleep at last.

My thoughts:
I've heard about the television show, I've seen the stuffed animals, and I've seen all the books at various retail locations. I had not read Olivia until recently. I can now see why she is so popular. She is one very busy pig with a huge, sassy personality. I loved the main colors of the book were black, white, and red. It made images really pop. Of course, I loved the Olivia. She was such a hoot and I could see myself in her at times. If you have young girls in your life I suggest sharing Olivia with them.


1 comment:

  1. I love the books. The TV show has worked my nerves a little bit, as TV shows will do when you have seen them to much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete