Blogger Widgets

Monday, February 18, 2013

Creatures of the Desert World

Author: National Geographic Society
Title: Creatures of the Desert World
Publication: January 1, 1991 (4th edition)
Publisher: National Geographic Children's Book
Genre: Children, Pop Up, Educational
Pages: 16
Audience: 3 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Purchased

 Goodreads Synopsis:
People, animals, and places, from ancient times to the present, spring to life from these imaginative and entertaining pop-up books. Multi- tiered illustrations will delight young readers as well as adults. These highly involving books have from five to seven pop-up spreads and, in most cases, one or two action devices on every page.

My thoughts:
I know this book is probably older than me, considering the fourth reprint/edition was put out in 1991, but it is so cool. I picked this up the Friend's of the Library for my nephew. However, it is at my apartment and I live three hours away....so I've been playing with it. Not only is the book educational- it is a POP UP BOOK! I don't care if you 100 or 2- pop up books are awesome! Some of the pop ups move, so I've been making the bats fly, the mountain cubs play, and the snakes slither all while learning about the desert creatures. I cannot wait to give this to my nephew!


4 comments:

  1. I was a huge fan of NG books when I was in grade school. I never however ever remember seeing it in pop up. My niece would just eat this up if I can find somewhere to buy it. I'll be sure to Google it. Thanks for that bit of intel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love this! Pop up books are so fun! Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im the same way i always find myself enjoying my kids pop up books

    ReplyDelete