Blogger Widgets

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Author:  William Joyce
Illustrator: Joe Bluhm
Title: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
Publication: June 19, 2012
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Children
Genre: Children
Pages: 56
Audience: 5 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Public Library

Favorite line: "It was filled with the fluttering of countless pages, and Morris could hear the faint chatter of a thousand different stories, as if each book was whispering an invitation to adventure."

Synopsis (from the cover):
Morris Lessmore love words. He loved stories. He loved books. But every story has its upsets. Everything in Morris Lessmore's life, including his own story, is scattered into the winds. But the power of story will save the day.

My thoughts:
One, I cannot believe I am just now finding out about this book. Two, I had no idea Pixar made a short 15 minute film out of it! I feel so behind on the times.  I cried when I read this book. It is a children's book about the life of a book lover. It is a book on how magical and life changing a book can be. It is about how writing your own story can be as simple as a diary. It is about the book lover in us all who lovingly repairs a favorite novel. It is just a fantastic depiction of a book lover. It describes the magic of books and how opening a book can change your life. It is just a truly wonderful book. I cannot say enough or recommend it enough.



8 comments:

  1. This looks so darling! I am putting it as a must check out from the library and if they don't have it recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also an amazing iPad app for it, too. It's simply incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an iPad app for it too? Oh my goodness! I'm going to look that up when I get home. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've convinced me! I'm going to get the book immediately. First, Morris sounds like me with his love of books, words, and stories. Second, if you cried, it's GOT to be an excellent and moving story:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book cover! The book sounds amazing and I'm happy to see such a great story for kids to introduce them to the magic of books! Thanks for letting us know about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would love to read this book! Sounds amazing.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I love this book, it's such a beautiful story. I just read it!

    ReplyDelete