Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chu's Day

Author: Neil Gaiman
Illustrator: Adam Rex
Title: Chu's Day
Publication: January 8, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: Children's
Pages: 32
Audience: 4 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Interlibrary Loan

 
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Meet Chu. Chu is a small panda with a very big sneeze. When Chu sneezes, you REALLY don't want to get in the way. But a whole day of adventure will test Chu's sneeze-resisting powers to the limit - there's the library (dusty books!), the diner (pepper!), and then the circus (all those animals!). How big can a sneeze really be? Just wait and see . . .


My thoughts:
I FINALLY got this book. Sorry for reviewing it so late. Chu's Day was very cute. I saw reviews for it before I got to read it and the main complaints were that it was very short. it is very short, but if you have  three year old, like my nephew then this book is perfect. It is short, sweet, and to the point. Chu is so cute and cuddly, I mean who doesn't love panda? It is a really cute book that younger children or children with short attention spans would enjoy.

The artwork is beautiful. Adam Rex does an excellent job on all the animals in the book. Chu is just a cute little fluff ball. In some scenes he looks just like my cat! I really love the next to last page, the Dad looks like he is fed up. It was a bit funny. That could just be me though.  Anyway, the artwork is great and the book is great.


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes my favorite picture books are the shortest ones. I will agree (based on the cover art) that the illustrations look fabulous. I'm going to add this to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the artwork but there wasn't enough story for me.

    ReplyDelete