Blogger Widgets

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Isabella: Star of the Story by Jennifer Fosberry

Author: Jennifer Fosberry  
Illustrator: Mike Litwin  
Title: Isabella: Star of the Story  
Publication: April 2013  
Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky 
Pages: 32 pp.
Age: 4-8 years
Source: Publisher via Netgalley


Every day's an adventure with Isabella!

Isabella checks out the library, and steals the spotlight from some of the most memorable children's book characters. She's Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole. No, now she's Peter Pan, flying off to Never Never Land. And when it's finally time to follow the yellow brick road home, she decides she's happy just being Isabella, the little purple-haired girl with a lot of books and even more imagination.


Thoughts: This a colorful book about the power of the imagination and the young love of reading. Isabella is going to the library with her parents and as soon she enters, she is no longer Isabella but whatever book her heart is set on checking out, that is until it's time for her to go home to cherish them. I couldn't help smiling as she continuously said her name wasn't this or that and how the adults went along with and humored her, even playing on words from each book she chooses. I think this is an adorable book about the family reading experience and the bonds that grow from there. It's such a beautiful sight to see families come in the library together and gush over books. The illustrations are vibrant and gorgeous. Litwin does an excellent job of capturing the spirit of Isabella and bringing the words written by Fosberry to life. The end of the book gives more information on the stories mentioned throughout the book. Overall, this a good read for the little ones.
 

4 comments:

  1. I just got this book from NetGalley. I loved the first Isabella book, and I liked this one as well. Glad to see that you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I need to read this one! It sounds so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I love My Name Is Not Isabella, so I was really excited when I saw this new book coming out. I went to the store and actually bought it today! I can't wait to read it with her. I love the references to all the classic stories I will want to read with her as she grows. I'm so glad you liked this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you enjoy it. I think it's cute :)

      Delete