Blogger Widgets

Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Seriously, Just Go to Sleep by Adam Mansbach


Title: Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
Author: Adam Mansbach
Publication: April 3, 2012
Publisher: Akashic Books
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
Genre: Children’s
Audience: 4 and up

Summary
Critical success for the original Go the F*** to Sleep, a #1 best seller at: New York Times, Amazon.com, Wall Street Journal, Publishers Weekly, and many more! Seriously, Just Go to Sleep is the G-rated, traditional-sized, children's version of the book every parent has been talking about. Go the F*** to Sleep, the picture book for adults, became a cultural sensation by striking a universal chord for parents. Now, Adam Mansbach and Ricardo Cortd do a companion volume that lets kids in on the fun."

My Thoughts:  Jessie and I were reading a couple of other books together and I decided we would give this one a try. I had read the first book and watched the Youtube video where Samuel L. Jackson is reading it. I absolutely loved the adult version. This version is still a book for adults it just doesn’t have all the cursing and bad language. This did bring back memories of those long nights where I couldn’t get Jessie to sleep. It’s reassuring to read what I had been feeling when I was going through this. Jessie didn’t get the story at all. She kept asking me while wouldn’t the little girl go to sleep. That said I personally don’t recommend this for children. I think that either book would be a great for a baby shower gift.


4 comments:

  1. I"ve never heard of the adult version... I need to look it up. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! My boyfriend loved the Samuel L. Jackson explicit version of this. I'm glad you reviewed the clean one, but preferred the explicit one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review :)
    I have heard of the adult version but haven't read/listened to it yet.

    My mom would relate to this book. I was a good sleeper. My brother, on the other hand, would take FOREVER. We got really lucky with our daughter. She's been a good sleeper since she was a baby.

    ReplyDelete